First opened in 1879, the Geraldton Station, just 424 km north of Perth, was the first government station ever built in Western Australia. When gold was discovered on the nearby Murchison River, a second station was built to deal with the influx of people and products needed to support this population boom. This station later became the Geraldton Mechanic’s Institute Library in 1900 and then the District Engineer's Office in 1911.
Today, the station serves Transwa coach services.
N1 East Perth to Kalbarri and Geraldton via Eneabba
N2 East Perth to Geraldton and Kalbarri to East Perth via Moora
N3 East Perth to Geraldton via Northam and Mullewa
N4 Geraldton to Meekatharra via Mt Magnet
N5 East Perth to Geraldton via Jurien Bay