Midland Station Rewiring
Work will begin in coming months to upgrade the communications and electrical systems at Midland Station. The project will involve the replacement and consolidation of cabling throughout the station, to maintain safety, improve maintenance access, and extend the life of existing assets.
Midland Station will remain fully operational during construction, with minimal impact to passengers anticipated. Access to the station kiosk will be maintained throughout the project, while the Transwa ticketing office located in the station foyer will be temporarily moved to the eastern end of the platform.
Early work is expected to start in late 2018, with construction to continue for around six months.
Planning is also continuing on the METRONET Midland Station Project. The current rewiring works are not part of the Midland Station Project.
Work will be staged to minimise impact to passengers, however some minor impacts are expected:
- The passenger toilets and baby-change room located in the station foyer will be temporarily closed for part of the works. Temporary toilets will be installed adjacent to the station entrance during this period.
- Minor pedestrian detours may be in place during cabling works at the front of station and in other public areas.
- The Transwa ticketing office located in the station foyer will be temporarily moved to the eastern end of the platform during construction.
- Temporary staff facilities will be established in the grassed area at the centre of the bus stands, and at the western end of the station platform.
- Out-of-hours works are anticipated during rewiring of the station’s public areas; however, these are not expected to generate excessive noise.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 13 62 13.
For Transwa service information and bookings call 1300 662 205.