Carrabin Station Platform upgrade
Work will soon begin to upgrade Carrabin Station on Transwa's Prospector route. The new Carrabin Station will be located on the northern side of the rail line, 650m east of the existing station, and will be fully compliant with Disability and Discrimination Act (DDA) standards.
The project will include:
- A new raised platform which will be sheltered, accessible via ramp or stairs, and have seating for three people;
- A new station access road off Carrabin Siding Road, with a bus turning circle, bus shelter, and vehicle access ramp;
- One car bay and on ACROD bay, line marking and bollards, new kerbing and bitumen surface;
- Station lighting and signage;
- Removal of the existing station and pedestrian level crossing after the new station is complete.
The new station will improve the experience of Transwa passengers travelling to or from Carrabin Station on the Prospector service, which operates at least once daily between Kalgoorlie and East Perth.
Work is expected to start mid-September and finish late 2018.
Passenger impacts are not anticipated as the existing Carrabin Station will remain operational until the new station is complete.
For more information email email@example.com or call 13 62 13.